Tesla has reportedly sent out another batch of Model 3 configuration invites this week
Tesla Motors is moving ahead with its target production numbers for Model 3 after CEO Elon Musk started monitoring the process closely. According to latest reports, Model 3 configuration invites have been sent out by Tesla Motors despite a temporary production shutdown of the vehicle this week.
Tesla had announced a few days back that the production of Model 3 units was being temporarily shut down by the company this week in order to update the line so that the production capacity for the vehicles can be increased.
In spite of the earlier-announced Model 3 production downtime this week, reports have revealed that another batch of Model 3 configuration invites were sent out by Tesla over the last two days.
A number of reservation holders for Model 3 across the US have disclosed that they have received the invites over the past couple of days. Incidentally, most of the Model 3 reservation holders who have received the invites this week are first-day reservation holders.
Tesla had previously received complaints from several first-day reservation holders in the US that they have not yet received Model 3 configuration invites. In response to the complaints, Tesla CEO Elon Musk had said that there was some issue with the invite rollout which is being fixed by the company. Though the issue is still not fully resolved, it appears that there has been a significant improvement over the last week since many of the first-day reservation holders have received the invites in the past two days.
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk has told Tesla employees via a recent email that Model 3 production ramp has recorded some noteworthy progress this week. The report was first published by electric vehicle magazine Electrek.
According to a new report, EV startup Rivian Automotive has shared some interesting details about two electric vehicles -- A1T Pickup Truck and AIC SUV -- which it plans to produce at an old Mitsubishi vehicle-manufacturing factory in Normal, Illi
In a recent Twitter post, Tesla CEO Elon Musk has apparently announced that the automaker’s Model Y electric car is likely to be revealed next year, on “March 15.” This disclosure by Musk has come in response to a query from a Twitter user.
In a recent announcement, Germany-based home battery pack and electric vehicle charger manufacturer sonnen has said that it has secured a new financing round of ~$70 million USD.
According to a recently released report based on new vehicle registrations, Tesla Model 3 became the best-selling car in the ‘mid-size premium sedan’ segment -- electric and other vehicles included -- in California during the first quarter of 2018
British energy company BP has announced that it is investing an amount of $20 million in Israeli startup StoreDot which is known in the battery world for its ‘ultra-fast charging battery.’